Tuesday, June 19, 2012

crafty time


How comforting to know this truth! God has the whole world in His hands! I got to do crafts with the 2nd grade today and I loved getting the chance to spend time with these cute kids! We sang the song "He's got the whole world in His hands!" and painted their hands after they colored their papers! They loved it so much! This was the first time I got to hang out with this class, and there are still lots more kids I want to spend time with before we leave here!



While I was spending time with the 2nd grade class, I was a little overwhelmed again with the chaos and the amount of kids ratio to me, and I was reminded again of how sovereign and faithful our God is. I get overwhelmed with the need here, and I fear that I won't be able to serve 'enough'. "The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1. With the need and poverty in Nairobi being overwhelming at times, I often ask myself, can I love all of these children WELL? Am I glorifying you, Father? Am I being a light for your Kingdom? God doesn't give light, He IS light. God doesn't give salvation, He IS salvation. He uses everything, every struggle and every dark moment in our lives to bring Him glory. If we accept His grace and love into our hearts, whom then shall we fear? Regardless of the large amount of need, He IS salvation He IS light. And I will rest in that.

This is sweet Edwin. He is in the second grade class I was with. I was so blessed to get to spend more time with him today and what a joy it was. Sweet Edwin has physical and learning disabilities, and at the BCC it's difficult for him to keep up with the rest of the kids. Edwin makes others smile more than anyone I've ever seen with his sweet spirit and bright smile. I was talking to Zipi about Edwin this afternoon and she said "Edwin worships the Lord with every part of his soul", and it was so cool how I felt like I already knew that because of the way he lived life with me today. 


JOY! We bought ten pairs of needles for each of the girls in the sewing room and yarn for the girls to start knitting more things. They were so excited to be able to all be knitting at the same time!

We're talking about starting a knitting club in Nairobi (Nairobi Knitting United!!!! we're working on it...) When we knit in the afternoon, the girls pull chairs up in a little circle next to us and we just stay like that for a couple hours. It's such a sweet time of laughter, fellowship, and knitting (duh).

Hellen finished her first ear warmers! I'm so proud!!! And Jane is finishing her beautiful scarf! I feel like a proud mama.


He doesn't just give light. He is light. He doesn't just give salvation, He is salvation. He has the whole world in His hands, every moment of chaos and fear- all for His Kingdom. I hope you find this truth as encouraging today as I have!!




No comments:

Post a Comment