Wednesday, June 29, 2011

More kampy things


God is so good. I know I've said that plenty of times. But this week has been reassuring in that I know the Lord has a plan for me. During one of my quiet times this past week, I stumbled across this verse:

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."
Proverbs 16:9

It was just what I needed to read that morning. It was so great to be reminded that the Lord has a plan for us. And He knows exactly what our future holds. He will never put us through anything we can't handle! Because He is a loving and faithful God. I'm so thankful for that.


 We had a Medieval party that we call the "Knight at the Fair" where all the girls dress up like princesses and the boys dress up as knights. There were several booths that had funny games that were made medieval style. There was even a corn eating contest. My sweet kamper Elizabeth challenged me to one. And she beat me. NO competition. None at all. 


We took the girls in this term on their "Real Deal" Trip that I explained in the last post. They were so excited and as cheesy as this sounds, it just warmed my heart. It really did! I love their joy and excitement for the day. Sometimes, I feel so complacent and I don't always appreciate the day like I'm called to. One of my favorite verses that constantly reminds me to live for each say says:

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:34



So here we are in sweet Lampy, MO at K-west for the real deal trip. We had just gotten there and we were about to go swim off their dock in wonderful Tablerock when, out of no where, this precious baby pig shows up. K-west is so cool and has a baby pig pet. I wanted to steal her and bring her home. Please look at the pink nail polish. My heart is melting. 


I'm sad that you can't really tell what I'm doing in this picture. But after we played with the cutest little pig, we headed to the blueberry farm. Look at the size of that blueberry!!! Its the size of a quarter. I'm just saying. They put the organic blueberries in Publix to shame. Complete shame. Y'all, they were the size of golf balls! Okay exaggeration, but I think you got the picture. Blueberries. Yum.


All I'm saying is, the Lord has blessed me this summer. I've loved the time I've gotten to spend with other counselors and with my kampers. I feel like my time at kamp has taught me so much about the Lord and about myself. 


This is a rando picture from staff training. But, we can't forget about our roots. And by that, I mean that I miss all my Auburn friends and I am definitely repping the AU out here in Missouri.

Until next time, 
Peace, love, & War eagle.


No comments:

Post a Comment