Wednesday, June 22, 2011

July & June




We have our second group of two weekers already! I cannot believe a whole group has come and gone. I miss my first girls but this group has been so great too. So far, we've had a couple of themed parties and with our new group we have gone on a ski trip. We don't actually ski.. Just a bunch of tubing in freezing cold water (really though... Lake Taneycomo doesn't mess around). It's just a day full of laughter, sun, and getting thrown off tubes. This past week has been really great because I've gotten to spend lots of time with the girls that left in the first term and with the new girls we just got. I love getting to be a part of these girls lives, even if it's only two weeks out of the whole year. Also, lots of my kampers from last summer are back this term! It warms my heart to see them and have them run up and give me a hug! Really though, it's my favorite thing ever.



For now, I'm at the Coinomatic... Hanging out, doing some much needed laundry. I realized yesterday that we only have THREE weeks left out here. My heart hurts. Literally, it hurts. I can't keep thinking about that because it makes me so sad. I wish time at kamp could last year round and that school would just get itself done. With that being said, I miss all my friends at home and I would strongly support their decision to move out here. We could work at Dixie Stampede together? Tempting....?



The Lord has been showing me time and time again to stop looking at my watch and to quit planning things so far in advance. I feel like my whole life revolves around a clock and a schedule. He has been reminding me that He knows what He's doing. That He doesn't run on a schedule. Things happen on HIS watch. Not ours. And although this has been a tough lesson for me to learn, I'm thankful that it's not up to me what happens in my future. And it never has been. It's so funny how I have such a small view of what the Lord is doing in my life and I find myself thinking that I still know best. I'm thankful for the Lord's plan, for His faithfulness, and for His patience.


I'm having a blessed time and the Lord is working in the Kampers lives and in my own. Please continue with your prayers, we definitely could always use them!


P.S. Last night we ate at a BBQ restaurant called Danna's. So great. SO so great. Attention everyone at home: come visit me but go eat Danna's first. Peace and blessin's yall. 


P.P.S. Listening to Jillian Edward's "July & June" and you should too!




No comments:

Post a Comment