Sunday, May 20, 2012

Eleven days... What?

Eleven days everyone!!! I will be on my way to Kenya in eleven short days! Friends and family, I cannot wait to be back serving in Africa! AH! This past week has literally been a whirlwind. I've been trying to study for the GRE (I should get an A for effort... right?) and celebrating my sister graduating from high school! We had a crawfish boil the other day for her graduation party and it was so fun getting to celebrate Katy! I've been running erronds and babysitting a whole lot to try to raise the last bit of money for my trip. And I've made it to the last $1,500 mark! You may be asking, wait isn't that still kind of a lot? Considering how far I've come on this journey of raising $5,300 for my trip, I am so excited! The Lord will provide the last $1,500! If you're interested in supporting the last bit of my trip, click the "donate" button on the right side of my page!!




My sweet dad is going to Haiti this Wednesday on a medical mission trip with my church. Goodness, he is such an example of being a humble servant for Christ. He uses his talents and gifts to bless others and he is such an encouragement for me to do the same. Please pray for his team as he travels, that they will be able to serve as many people as possible and that all of the surgeries/medical stuff goes well! 

With all of this excitement going on, its been somewhat overwhelming. I listened to the "Desert Song" today and good grief I needed to hear it. Not just hear it, but let it sink in, you know? It's kind of like when you're listening to a song you really like and then you actually listen to the lyrics and you realize how much more you love it? That's what happened today and PTL it did.


"This is my prayer in the desert
when all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides


This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame


I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain


I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory
and He is here"





Happy Sunday friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment