Monday, August 27, 2012

the sweetest

smiles
laughter
hearts
joy
intentions
hope
desire
faith
generosity
humility
outlook
peace
trust

Just a few (of many) things found in the hearts of my sweet kenyan friends. In the sweetest, most God centered way. Being around my friends there was such an encouragement. I went to a slum in Kenya to share Christ's love and left with a greater understanding of what that love really is. I saw Jesus in our conversations and in our relationships, but I think I saw Him most in all of the smiles that I encountered there. 










So much joy and freedom that could only come from the Father. Being around all of these smiles and in a place where I felt God's presence filled me with an abounding amount of joy. Which makes the transition to coming back home a hard one.

Looking through my pictures from Kenya at home I'm hit with how much I miss these smiles, those places, and feeling God's presence everywhere I went.
So what now? Where do I begin with my senior year in college?



"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, and therefore supremely blessed are they who thirst after the Righteous One. Blessed is that hunger, since it comes from God: if I may not have the full-blown blessedness of being filled, I would seek the same blessedness in its sweet bud-pining in emptiness and eagerness until I am filled with Christ. This blessing involves a promise. Such hungry ones "shall be filled" with what they are desiring. If Christ thus causes us to long after Himself, He will certainly satisfy those longings; and when He does come to us, as come He will, how sweet it will be"


An overwhelming joy, much needed peace, and sustaining faith in the Jesus.
To find the Father here at school.
To believe in His promise.
To know that my desire to be filled comes from Him. He will be faithful.


No comments:

Post a Comment