Tuesday, September 14, 2010

C.S. Lewis is the man

"You don't have a soul. You ARE a soul. You have a body."

i'm so thankful to know that we aren't made for this world. yes, we have a body. but we ARE a soul. so many times i realize that my flesh is getting to me and i'm getting so caught up in all the things that the world is throwing at me. this week, it's been in having an overwhelming amount of school work to do that i can never seem to finish. it can make me feel so discouraged and unprepared. but i have to remind myself, that even though my flesh is telling me i'm exhausted and i really don't want to stay up for the fourth night in a row studying until 4 in the morning, the Lord will give me strength and he will show me that it doesn't matter what my body is telling me, because it's my soul that counts. what i'm working towards now will help me in serving his kingdom once i graduate, wherever that may be.

"If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this.”

No comments:

Post a Comment