Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The More I Seek You


This is going to be another night where I sit restlessly, thinking about how I'll be in Ethiopia in two days.. I've been so blessed by family and friends that are sending me to minister and serve to the people of Ethiopia for the next two weeks, starting July 28th. I'm excited to travel over and serve the people of Ethiopia, but so incredibly nervous. I've never traveled out of the country.. and I've never gone too far out of my comfort zone when it comes to experiencing another type of culture. So once I land in Ethiopia, I'm expecting a huge culture shock. But even though that's one thing I'm really nervous about, it's probably what I'm also looking forward to the most. Just thinking about me running around with a group of Ethiopians in about 48 hours brings a smile to my face!!!

This is my very first blog, and I don't really know what I'm doing! But I want my friends, family, supporters, and random readers to be able to follow me along my journey in Ethiopia. I was never an expert writer, and I'm pretty sure I failed spelling a few times in elementary school. But I hope that in me writing this blog, my experience in Ethiopia can encourage you all back home to reach out and serve others in Christ's name. I have a heart for missions and I can't believe I'm about to go on my very first mission trip!

With that being said, I just want to thank all of you for your prayers and your support. I can never really thank you enough for helping me get over to Africa but I can assure you that it would have been impossible without you. I am so incredibly blessed and I am constantly being reminded of it everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment