Sunday, February 5, 2012

2K12

Y'all I've been struggling to keep this thing updated. But 2012 has been great to me so far! Lots of time with friends and family, and lots of traveling. So, here's a little preview of 2012 for me so far, and a few new years (I know, so late) resolutions I'd like to keep for this year!
Well first off, this clearly isn't from this year. BUT this is one of our Christmas cards from forever ago. My resolution: take more family pics!! Seriously, (hint hint) sibs- we need to step it up. It may be a little harder now that my older brother, Matt, is in Australia. But really, we need to do better. Also, check out the 90s gear. Love that. Miss that (except the straight across bangs.. never again).

WE DROVE TO TEXAS. Yes, I have now officially driven there twice. And on the way we stopped and met with my favorite Mississippi girl, Anne eliz, and got some milkshakes. Resolution: get more vanilla milkshakes, because they are way better than they sound.

Did I mention WE WENT TO THE PLACE the Help was filmed??!?!? Resolution: meet everyone on that cast of the movie. Especially the character "Minny" because she definitely graduated from Auburn. Holllaaa at you girl! p.s. these are the sweet girls I went roadtripping with! Lots of great music and gas station stops.

And then we made it to Texas. And when we thought we were almost there, we realized how big Texas is and we still had 8 hours left. Resolution: live more like the Texas way- be a friendlier driver of course.

BUT WE MADE IT TO AUSTIN FOR NEW YEARS! And I got to hang out with my kamp peeps (note the photobombs in the back ground). I miss kamp so much and it is so fun seeing my peeps during the school year. Resolution: Hang out with my girl Amy more because we are nose ring twins and she rocks. #glitterrrr

Trying to take a new years pic. Note: the Auburn chicky fee bowl in the corner. Knox really doesn't like to take pictures. So maybe this resolution is more for him?....- take more pictures :)

We went to the SA, tx afterwards and got to hang out for a couple days. This is one of my favorite stores and I've only gone twice. I'm a little obsessed. Resolution: convince the owners of Whole Earth to get the hook up for us all in Alabama. Likely? I mean, a girl can dream. 

We got to hang out with Knox's sweet sweet sweet fam in San Antonio. I can't say enough nice things about them! They are the best. And this is Knox's presh littlest sister, Elizabeth. Making THE face. Resolution? Make more people make this face because it's awesome. 



Lakey lake time!!! For MLK weekend, we got to go down to my girl Brook's lake house. Relaxing and watching four seasons of Friends is my kind of weekend. Resolution: watch more sunsets and meet the cast of Friends. 


Our girl Claire had a bday! I love birthdays more than anything. Especially for great friends like her. Resolution: be more stylish like my girl Claire, because she looks like she walked straight out of a Jcrew magazine.

Got to watch a storm blow in one night while the sun was setting. Resolution: probably stop taking pictures while driving? Ehhhh 


We went to Nashville last weekend! And we got to tour Belmonts campus! I'm obsessed. Resolution: get into Belmonts grad school (but seriously) 

We were waiting in line for this pancake place and some local artists came out and started to play. They were real good, probably because they had a guy playing the banjo and I love those. Davis is just helping them out with some $$$$. Resolution: learn how to play the banjo. Or guitar. Or that portable piano thing.

Right before we headed back to Auburn from Nash, we stopped by the Franklin square. Y'all I'm not lying when I say I thought I was walking through Stars Hollow from Gilmore Girls. IT IS SO CUTE. It just reaffirmed how much I love Nashville. Resolution: Move to that place and go see a show in that theatre!



I booked my flight the other day to go to SPAIN for SPRING BREAK!! I'm kind of freaking out since I've never been to Europe before! I can't wait to goooo and so ready. Resolution: maybe learn a little spanish before I go? We'll see how that goes.

Reading up on some Isaiah 61. I love Isaiah so much and there's lots of encouragement found in this book! Resolution: to memorize all of Isaiah 61. 


See what I mean?!? Stars Hollow.

Resolution: be a much better blogger than I've been the past few months. Hope everyones had a great start of the year!






No comments:

Post a Comment